Patient Packing List
We know it’s important for patients and their families to be adequately equipped for their stay at Valle Vista Health System. The list below includes the suggested number of items needed during a stay at our hospital. When patients arrive at the unit for mental health treatment services, personal belongings are inspected by a staff member.
Patients can only bring:
- 3 outfits (top, bottom, sock, underwear, bra (no wire or string))
- 1 pair shoes or slippers (no strings)
- 1 jacket or hoodie
- 1 stick deodorant
- Prescribed medication(s) in medication bottle(s)
Please DO NOT bring the following items:
- Valuables such as a wallet or purse, phone, keys, and money. Please leave these with a loved one or trusted friend during your stay.
- Electronics, including cell phones, cameras, iPods, laptop computers, video games, batteries or other electronics.
- Any over the counter or non-prescription medications
- Tobacco products and lighters, matches, electronic cigarettes, or vape pens
- Food, snacks, beverages or candy. All food will be provided by Valle Vista.
- Clothing with drawstrings, shoestrings or belts.
- Clothing that is overly tight, revealing, or marked with profanity or violent imagery
- Make-up, cosmetics, cologne or body spray, essential oils, or anything in an aerosol can
- Toothpaste, mouthwash or any personal product containing alcohol.
- Any weapons of any kind (knives, pocket knives, guns, taser, mace or pepper spray)
- Bed linens, pillows or blankets
Help Is Right Here
Our team is available 24/7 to provide a no-cost mental health assessment for you or a loved by calling 800-447-1348. For additional details about our programs, call us or use our online contact form. In the case of a medical emergency or crisis, please dial 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.