Specialized Care for Young Women
Teenage girls and young women face unique challenges as they develop physically and emotionally, which can make treating any behavioral or mental health issues more complicated. Valle Vista Health System’s residential treatment program for girls ages 12 to 18 meets them at this critical junction. We provide a therapeutic environment to seek treatment for mental health issues such as eating disorders, bipolar disorder, severe depression, and schizophrenia. We also treat young women who are battling issues like PTSD, self-harm/mutilation/cutting, or suicidal thoughts as a result of trauma from abuse or trafficking.
The ultimate goal of the program is to teach young women how to make safe, healthy choices when dealing with anger, sadness, anxiety and other emotions. By understanding how trauma has impacted their current lives, we can help develop new coping mechanisms and healthy habits that foster positive relationship and behaviors at home, at school, and in their larger communities. Intake always begins with a physical and psychiatric assessment under the direction of a board-certified child and adolescent psychiatrist, which allows the hospital to develop an individualized treatment plan for each patient.
The program highlights include:
- 24-hour nursing care in a highly-structured and supervised group living and learning environment
- Specialized care for girls with co-existing medical issues or conditions, such as diabetes or pregnancy
- Medication management overseen by a board-certified child and adolescent psychiatrist
- Around-the-clock behavioral health treatment therapies
- Daily group and weekly individual and family therapy sessions
- Trauma-focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Licensed teachers from the Greenwood Community School System to help teens stay on track with their academic studies
- Special treatment for girls involved in human trafficking
- Contract with Indiana Division of Child Services to provide 30-day diagnostic and evaluation services
- Opportunity for off-site and advanced educational opportunities
- Art and recreational therapy
- Life skills training
- Transitional and discharging planning
We also use the Matrix Model, a CBT-based program designed explicitly for teens dealing with substance abuse issues. The program facilitates rehabilitation through lifestyle changes, relapse prevention training, dependence education, and 12-step facilitation.
Help Is Right Here
Our team is available 24/7 to provide a no-cost mental health assessment for you or a loved by calling 800-447-1348. For additional details about our programs, call us or use our online contact form. In the case of a medical emergency or crisis, please dial 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.