Acute Care for Children and Teens
Valle Vista’s psychiatric treatment program for patients ages 12 to 18 works to quickly stabilize the most severe symptoms and allow for a transition to less intensive levels of care. Patients are housed in separate units split by gender and age group.
Program components include:
- 24-hour nursing care
- Interdisciplinary treatment in a highly-structured, supervised environment
- Daily visits with a psychiatrist or nurse practitioner
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) with a focus on trauma (as necessary per patient)
- Individual, group and family counseling as ordered by the psychiatrist or nurse practitioner
- Recreational therapy designed for children and adolescents, with a licensed recreational therapist
- Medication management by board-certified psychiatrists and nurse practitioners.
- Discharge and aftercare planning
Help Is Right Here
Our team is available 24/7 to provide a no-cost mental health assessment for you or a loved by calling 800-447-1348. For additional details about our programs, call us or use our online contact form. In the case of a medical emergency or crisis, please dial 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.