Child & Teen Inpatient Psychiatric Treatment
Inpatient acute care for children or teens is different from treating an adult, as the challenges and changes that young people face are usually different than those of an adult.
Teen psychiatric acute care puts the needs of children and adolescents — and their families — first, working on positive steps forward that can help individuals later in life and stabilizing the current, acute symptoms.
Our psychiatric acute inpatient program components include:
- 24-hour nursing care to keep your loved one supervised at all times
- Interdisciplinary inpatient adolescent mental health treatment in a highly-structured, supervised environment
- Daily visits with a psychiatrist or nurse practitioner to diagnose and treat the issue
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) with a focus on trauma (as necessary per patient)
- Individual, group and family counseling as ordered by the psychiatrist or nurse practitioner
- Recreational therapy designed for children and adolescents, with a licensed therapist
- Medication management by board-certified psychiatrists and nurse practitioners if necessary
- Discharge and aftercare planning to build on your loved one’s in-treatment success and prevent the likelihood of relapse
Child and adolescent inpatient psychiatric treatment at Valle Vista Health System center is just a phone call away. Give us a call at 800-447-1348 or contact us online for more information.
Teens and Mental Health
Adolescent inpatient acute care can be key to long term positive outcomes, as the National Alliance on Mental Health (NAMI) reports that almost 50% of people who experience a mental health issue in their lifetime began showing symptoms before the age of 14.
That means that the earlier you get your loved one that help that they need, the better.
Inpatient psychiatric care for teenagers may seem like a daunting prospect, but, according to the World Health Organization (WHO), nearly one in seven 10-19 year olds experiences a mental health disorder.
Acute mental health treatment for teens can get your loved one immediate help to stabilize symptoms and work on positive steps forward, such as a stay in residential treatment, an outpatient program such as a Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) or whatever steps are needed to create a treatment plan for the current behavioral health or mental health condition.
We’re here to help
When a child or teen is showing signs that they are struggling with a mental health disorder, it’s important to seek help as soon as possible at a psychiatric hospital.
Our Inpatient children’s psychiatric care program can make a difference in your child. Teen acute psychiatric care provides a high level of care with around-the-clock supervision at our facility located just south of downtown Indianapolis, Indiana.
For more information on our inpatient psychiatric program for children and teens, please call us at 800-447-1348 or contact us online.
Valle Vista Health System offers no-cost level-of-care recommendations 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We also accept appointments and walk-ins.