Our Adult Acute Psychiatric Program
The goal of adult acute psychiatric treatment is to help individuals get to a point where they can step down into a less-intensive level of care at Valle Vista Health System, such as an Adult Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP).
Our adult acute inpatient mental health program utilizes medical supervision, therapies, counseling and more to help you or your loved one stabilize effectively.
Some program components include:
- 24-hour nursing care
- Interdisciplinary treatment in a highly-structured, supervised environment
- Daily visits with a psychiatrist or nurse practitioner
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) with a focus on trauma (as necessary per patient)
- Individual, group and family counseling as ordered by the psychiatrist or nurse practitioner
- Recreational therapy with a licensed recreational therapist
- Medication management by board-certified psychiatrists and nurse practitioners
- Dual-Diagnosis programming for adults also struggling with co-occurring substance use issues, including addiction education and relapse prevention
- Discharge and aftercare planning
Types of Adult Acute Psychiatric Disorders
A mental health crisis that needs acute care can happen at any time, and we know that can be alarming. That’s why the psychiatric hospital at Valle Vista Health System offers acute inpatient psychiatric treatment for a wide variety of mental health issues, including:
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Personality Disorders
- And more
Adult psychiatric inpatient treatment can help. Reach out to us today to learn more about what we can do by calling 800-447-1348 for a no-cost, confidential assessment.
The Continuum of Care
Psychiatric acute inpatient services are not all Valle Vista Health System has to offer — and that’s what sets us apart!
Once you or your loved one is stabilized, we offer adults partial hospitalization programs, intensive outpatient programs and even substance use programs to help continue to take steps towards better mental health.
Every patient is different and has different needs after acute inpatient psychiatric care. By offering multiple levels of care from Valle Vista, we can keep you or your loved one connected to the treatment they need from a facility they trust throughout their journey.
Substance Use Disorders Treatment
If you or your loved one are dealing with substance abuse issues, learn more about our Substance Use Disorder Program and New Vista Outpatient Recovery Center, which offers medication-assisted treatment of opioid use and addiction.
Mental health and addiction often go hand in hand, and treating just the mental illness, behavioral health or substance use disorder will not solve the overall problem. Our addiction treatment programs are here to help you recover.
We’re here to help
We understand that looking for Mental health acute inpatient care can be stressful. Valle Vista has provided mental health treatment to the community for over 40 years.
If you or a loved one is in need of our acute inpatient psychiatric disorders treatment, please contact us today for 24-hour care by calling 800-447-1348.
We offer no-cost, confidential assessments that will place individuals in the appropriate adult inpatient program for their needs.